Term: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
Ellen Burton was appointed by Council to represent Ward 3 and was sworn in on January 22, 2019.
A Camas resident since 1997, Ellen retired from a career in global technology while actively volunteering in the Camas community. During her six years at Wacom Technology, and 20 years at Hewlett Packard, she led teams from Beijing to Bulgaria to Barcelona. She lived in Singapore and Barcelona, and frequently traveled internationally to collaborate with teams ranging from Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement and Marketing. Ellen is known for bringing people together to create successful outcomes.
An active volunteer with the Camas School District for over 20 years, Ellen served in many capacities including chair of the Citizens Advisory Committee, member of the strategic high school futures committee and superintendent search committee. She is a former Camas Educational Foundation board member and volunteer. Currently, she continues to assist students and teachers in the classroom while volunteering as a Master Gardener with the Washington State University Extension program.
Ellen earned her MBA in Marketing and Finance from the Foster School of Business at the Universtity of Washington and a BA in Economics from Colorado College. When she unplugs, you can find her hiking, skiing or walking her black lab up and down Prune Hill with her husband and Gen Z and Millenial sons.
Ellen has been appointed to the following committees for 2020:
- Bee Committee, Liaison
- Camas Youth Advisory Council (CYAC), Liaison
- Columbia River Economic Development Council (CREDC), Liaison
- Communication Committee, Liaison
- Fire - Joint Policy Advisory Committee (JPAC), Alternate Liaison
- Public Safety Committee, Liaison
- Shoreline Management Review Committee, Liaison
- Sister Cities Committee, Liaison
- Library Board, Alternate Liaison
- Planning Commission, Alternate Liaison