Camas North Shore Subarea Planning Project
- Phase 1: August 2019 to June 2020
- Phase 2: (Tentative) July 2020
Project Website: www.camasnorthshore.com
Contact: Sarah Fox, Senior Planner email@example.com
The City of Camas has launched an effort to plan the future of the North Shore area. The subarea plan will answer two questions: What will the North Shore area be in 20 years and what is the path to get there?
The North Shore Subarea is generally bounded by Lacamas Lake to the south, the city limits to the north, Northeast 232nd Avenue to the west, and Everett Street to the east. The plan area will include the North Shore area that was annexed into the city in 2008, as well as the Bridge Village area that includes existing commercial and residential land on either side of Everett Street north of the bridge. Current zoning was put in place in 2012.
The North Shore Subarea Plan will include a community vision, conceptual road alignment, land use designations and a projection for future jobs and housing.
You may follow the project at the Camas North Shore website for up-to-date information on upcoming meetings or drafts to review. You can also sign up to receive email updates by sending any email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To date, the City hosted information tables at high school open houses and at the farmers market, conducted two online surveys, piloted a high school visioning exercise, and held two public meetings - a Community Forum and a Visioning Workshop. We met with individual property owners and other stakeholders for one-on-one interviews.
- Planning Commission Meeting on March 17th (7PM) CANCELED
- Planning Commission Meeting on April 21st (7PM) Overview of project and work to date. [NOTE: This meeting may change due to public health concerns. Please check back before planning on attending.]
- Planning Commission Meeting on May 19th (7PM) Public hearing to consider draft North Shore Vision
- Planning Commission Meeting on June 16th (7PM): Continuation of Public hearing to deliberate on recommendation to Council in regard to North Shore Vision
- City Council Workshop (Not scheduled at this time) Overview of Phase 1 of North Shore Subarea Project and Draft Vision (as recommended by Planning Commission)
- City Council – Public Hearing (Not scheduled at this time)