07/22: Fingerprinting services resume at the Police Department
06/01: The Library has reopened the outside Book Drop.
05/22: The Police department will resume the Work Crew as of June 4.
05/07: Camas-Washougal Municipal Court Updates Courthouse lobby continues to be closed. Extended postponement of out-of custody case trials until after July 6, 2020. Defendments should update their phone and address for notice of rescheduled dates. In-custody matters will continue with modified times.
04/08: Community Development Department updated dates for (permits, planning/development engineering and inspections) extended through May 4, 2020
03/19: City Hall is CLOSED to public access
The Downtown Camas Association also maintains a resource page for our businesses.
SHOP LOCAL! The City has posted signs and is reserving some downtown parking spots for temporary curbside pickups. This is to help both citizens purchasing food or items To-Go and facility quick loading or unloading of materials or merchandise to accommodate the Safe Start Plan. The curbside parking spots are limited to 10 minute parking. See the map for marked locations.
Govenor Inslee's Safe Start Washington Plan
Camas Essential Services
Essential services, including police, fire/EMS, water, sewer, and stormwater drainage services, will continue while City Hall and other City departments are closed. Additional Department service information is detailed below.
The city offers both online and phone options to access services during the closure of offices:
- Download the City's Mobile App Camas Connect 24/7 or go to the website to utilize the online Citizen Response and Service Request System: Citizens may submit questions or comments, identify an issue, or report a concern to various city departments via the City of Camas CRM mobile online system. Enter a Service Request
PUBLIC MEETINGS - For the most up-to-date information on meeting cancelations or to download agendas and minutes, please visit our meetings portal
- City Council Meetings have transitioned online following guidance during the emergency.
- All information regarding City Council meetings and workshops can be found here.
CAMAS PUBLIC LIBRARY
- The Library is closed to public access. Curbside and the book drop are reopened. Provided that the building is ready to go with safety measures that will protect both you and Library staff, we will open the building with various capacity and distancing limits, following all state guidelines in Phase 3. Please follow the Library's social media or website for more detailed updates - www.camaslibrary.org
PAYMENTS - UTILITY BILLING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Utility Bill Payments: To make utility payments or hear your balance, please call the automated payment line at 360-817-7117 or visit www.cityofcamas.us/billpay.
- Any payment including Ambulance Billing can be dropped off in the secure drop box marked “Water & Sewer” on the building at the Fourth Avenue entrance to City Hall. Payments should include clear account information and should never contain cash.
- For all other inquiries or payments, please call customer service at 360-834-2462.
HUMAN RESOURCES/JOBS : Job applications will be accepted via email or regular mail only (except for Firefighter applications). If you need an alternate delivery method, please contact the department at 360-817-1530.
PARKS AND RECREATION
- All city-sponsored special events scheduled for July have been canceled.On May 5, Phase 1 of reopening of parks began with the opening of parking lots & the Heritage Park restroom. On June 5, as the County moved into Phase 2, all other City-run park restrooms and sport courts opened. Play structures, and picnic shelters will remain closed at this time to reduce crowds, limit group interaction and encourage social distancing. Trails and open grassy areas may continue to be used.
- Lacamas Lake Lodge and the Camas Community Center are closed until further notice. All classes, programs, leagues, and meetings will be postponed until the lodge and the center reopen.
- Private rentals scheduled to take place during the closure are canceled and will be fully refunded.
For rental questions or to reschedule your event for a later date, please email Susan Newlove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cemetery grounds will remain open; however, the Cemetery on-site office will be closed to public access and operate on an appointment-only basis. Appointments and other Cemetery business needs should be coordinated through the Finance Department. Please call 360-834-2462 for Cemetery appointments and information.
CITY FACILITY MEETING ROOMS
- NEW RESERVATIONS: Effective immediately, no new meeting room reservations are being accepted for any City facility (Police Community Room, Fire Station 42 Community Room, Library Meeting Rooms, Community Center, Lacamas Lake Lodge, Scout Hall) until further notice.
- EXISTING/SCHEDULED RESERVATIONS: Existing/Scheduled Reservations are being canceled where appropriate.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
PLANNING – BUILDING - ENGINEERING
Effective April 24 all low-risk construction may resume. – All work shall be conducted in accordance with Phase 1 Construction Restart COVID-19 Job Site Requirements. Access to Community Development (permits, planning/development engineering and inspections):
- Applications and plan submittals will be accepted by appointment only.
- Inspections will commence Monday April 27th, 2020.
- For general Building questions or appointments please contact: email@example.com
- For general Engineering questions or appointments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general Planning questions or appointments please contact: email@example.com
PUBLIC WORKS - OPERATIONS
- Administration/Capital Engineering: The department will operate on an appointment-only basis. Call 360-817-1561 to make an appointment.
- Operations: All maintenance, operations and related services will continue to be provided by the Public Works Department. The Operations Center located at 1620 SE 8th Avenue will be closed to public access and will operate on an appointment-only basis. Call 360-817-1563 to make an appointment.
Fire Marshal's Office (FMO) Update: Effective April 24 all low-risk construction may resume. All work shall be conducted in accordance with Phase 1 Construction Restart COVID-19 Job Site Requirements.
- Applications and plan submittals will be accepted by appointment only. Call 360-834-6191 to make an appointment.
- Inspections will commence Monday April 27th, 2020.
- To request inspections, contact the FMO via Camas Connect (via the phone app or through the City of Camas website) or call the FMO inspection line at 360-834-6191 x1.
Station 42: The public lobby will be CLOSED to the public until further notice. Citizens and visitors can pick up the lobby phone and call if they need access to the station or personnel there (just as it already is in Station 41 and Station 43).
- POLICE CLERICAL-RECORDS: The police department’s main office is open for business, Monday - Friday, from 8AM to 5PM. However, the lobby is closed for access but citizens can speak to the staff with a telephone just outside the lobby door. The public can also call the main number (360)834-4151 Monday through Friday, during normal business hours. The public can also send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other updates, please see the Police Department's main page