Load Full Menu

Business License Requirements
The City of Camas requires a license for businesses located within city limits or conducting business within city limits. If you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits, please review Camas Municipal Code (CMC) 5.02.010 G to determine whether your business activities meet the requirements for a license.

Registered non-profits or businesses earning less than $2,000 gross annual income from business conducted within the city limits are not required to obtain a license.

General Business License — $10
Any non-residential business located within city limits with gross annual income over $2,000.

Home Business — $10
Any residential business with gross annual income over $2,000. May also require additional permits.

Business Outside City Limits — $10
Any business located outside city limits that conducts business within the city limits with gross annual income over $2,000.

Obtaining a license to conduct business in the City of Camas is included with registering for or renewing your state license with the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR). Visit the DOR website to read more about state business licensing requirements and access.

For general questions about business license requirements, please call (360) 834-2462 or contact finance@cityofcamas.us. For help registering on the DOR website, please call (360) 705-6709 or email bls@dor.wa.gov.

Home Businesses
If your business is in a residence within the city, you may require additional permits, including a home occupation permit per CMC 18.39. For questions about permits for a home business, please contact the Planning Department at (360) 817-1568.

Latest News More News
Play our About Camas Video


 Sign Up for information about emergencies and other important community news.

     Download Our Mobile App and Stay Connected!

  Get up-to-date City News!  Make a service
  request, pay a utility bill, register for activities,
  view Council Meetings, and much more!   



My Camas
Go to top