Term: November 19, 2018 -
On November 14, 2018, the City of Camas Council unanimously appointed Shannon Turk to the position of Mayor. She was sworn into office on Monday, November 19, 2018.
Shannon was appointed by Council to the position of Ward 3 on July 25, 2011. She was elected to serve her first term on City Council in November 2011, and she was re-elected for a third term that runs January 1, 2018, through December 31, 2021.
Shannon has been a resident of Camas since 2002.
She holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Public Administration degrees from Portland State University.
Shannon has worked for local and state governments since 1995 and has an excellent knowledge of local government operations. She is active in local youth organizations in support of her children.
Shannon has been appointed to the following committees for 2019:
- Camas Washougal Economic Development Association (CWEDA)
- C-TRAN Board of Directors, alternate liaison
- City/School Committee
- Community Development Block Grant
- Economic Development Strategy Committee for Economic Incentives
- Fire/Emergency Medical Services Partnership
- Georgia-Pacific Mill Advisory Committee, alternate liaison
- Port of Camas-Washougal
- Sister City Committee
Shannon also served as Mayor Pro-Tem in 2016.