Applications must be received by 5pm, Friday, April 5
Starting salary $6503-7146/monthly DOE
The City of Camas is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Engineer III. The individual selected for this position will work under the supervision of the Engineering Manager.
Primary duties this individual will perform include a variety of professional engineering duties supporting the construction of public works projects; to conduct various field inspections and plan reviews for compliance with applicable engineering standards; to design and draft complex projects for the development of the City’s infrastructure; and to provide assistance and information to contractors, engineering professionals and the general public.
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. The position is represented by the Camas Public Employees’ Association and is eligible for a full benefits package.
Candidates for this position shall have:
• Education equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
• Six years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience
• Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license
• Possession of a PE license is highly desirable (5% pay premium will be added to base pay)
• Prior experience working on Federal Aid projects involving right-of-way acquisition is highly desirable
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidate will possess the following attributes: positive attitude, ability to take initiative and work independently with little direction, excellent customer service skills, good verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills and flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed.
Candidates must submit a City application to be considered for the position. Cover letters, resumes and other application materials may be submitted with the application.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job. The City of Camas is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted March 13, 2019