Applications must be received by 5pm, April 5
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
Starting salary $5385-5884/monthly DOE
The City of Camas is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. The individual selected for this position will work under the supervision of the Wastewater Operations Supervisor and the Utilities Manager.
This individual will operate and maintain the City’s wastewater treatment plant, sewage pump stations and related equipment; ensure compliance with NPDES permit requirements; and perform a variety of laboratory, mechanical and operational functions relative to assigned area of responsibility.
This facility is staffed 7 days/week. Days and hours for this position will be assigned upon hire, but may include weekends and holidays. The position is represented by AFSCME, Local 307CC and is eligible for a full benefits package.
Candidates for this position shall have:
• Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in wastewater treatment plant operations and/or maintenance or a related field.
• Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance and operation of a wastewater treatment plant and pumping facility.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Possession of a Washington State Group 1 Wastewater Operator Certificate or the ability to obtain one within six months.
• Technology skills including proficiency in MS Office and aptitude to learn new software programs as required for the position.
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidate will possess the following attributes: ability to take initiative and work independently with little direction, good verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills and flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed.
Candidates must submit a City application to be considered for the position. Cover letters, resumes and other application materials may be submitted with the application.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job. The City of Camas is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted March 12, 2019