CITY SPECIAL EVENTS
Welcome to the City's Special Events page where you will find information about events happening in the City, including a calendar of events; You will also find information and forms to begin your event's planning process; as well as an online application submittal form to streamline the permit process for your event. 2017 Parks & Recreation's Special Events
Overview of the Special Events Application and Permits Process
We are pleased to work with you on your event and assist in making your event a success.
Events That Need to Follow This Process:
- Any public (or private) event that requires street or sidewalk closures, or where 500 people or more are expected
- Street, Runs and/or Walks
- Cycling Races or Rides
- Festivals, Street Fairs, Outdoor Concerts
Events That Do Not Need to Follow This Process:
- On private property, closed to the public, with less than 500 people
- Funeral or wedding procession
- Residential block parties, garage sales, etc.
- Private events in a City park (contact the Parks & Recreation Department)
What to Expect Following the Submittal of Your Application
You'll receive an email confirmation with a link to your file. If you don't receive it, call (360) 834-5307 and confirm it's been submitted.
- The City will review your application and forms for completeness.
- Each of the departments will review your event plan.
- Staff may request more information or clarification. This will be done through the same online system; you'll receive emails informing you of any comments.
- Staff will also confirm all Conditions of Approval in the Comments section of the online form.
- After staff have confirmed payment and all details, they will let you know when your permit is approved for you to print.
- Ensure you have a printed copy of your application (the online form) along with printed proof of insurance and a printed Traffic Control Plan (TCP), if applicable.