City of Camas Design Requirements:
- Roof Snow Load - 25 lbs/ feet 2
- Wind Speed (Gust) - 135 mph, 3 second
- Seismic Design Category - D 1
- Weathering Frost Line Depth - 12"
- Termites slight
- Decay Moderate
- Winter Design Temp - 22 deg F
- Ice Shield Underlay - No
- Flood Hazard - See FEMA maps
- Air Freeze Index - 250
- Mean Annual Temp - 50 deg
Please complete and return a Building Permit Application to the Building Office at least 24 hours prior to submitting plans and any other required information. The application may be mailed, hand-delivered, or faxed to (360) 834-8863.
Checklist for Building Permit Approval
What do you need to submit for a typical single family residence?
- Completed Building Permit Application.
- 2 sets of plans.
- 2 plot plans (with legal description, lot dimensions, to scale of not less than 1”=20’ width contour lines).
- 2 sets of truss engineering and layouts (if you are using trusses).
- 2 sets of engineered floor joist / I- joist drawings. (if you will be using them).
- Proof of ownership.
- A copy of your contractor's license.
- 2 sets of lateral engineering for a 3 second wind gust of 135 miles per hour, Exposure B (if required due to number of and placement of windows).
Other Items That May Be Required:
- For Accessory Dwelling Units covenant will need to be recorded.
- For alterations/remodels -a floor plan showing new work.
- Construction near river/lake - flood plain elevation certificate.
- Construction on fill or slopes - soils report/survey.
- Payment of the plan review fee is required at time of plan submittal.
- All plan reviews will be done in the order that they are received.
- Complete information must be submitted before the plans can be reviewed in a timely manner.
- If major changes are made to the plans while they are in the review process, or there is a change in the site location, the original application will be cancelled. A new application will be required and the review process will start new again.