The City of Camas Parks & Recreation kicks off the popular and engaging Family Fun Fridays every Friday for the month of August. Held in Crown Park in Camas (NE Everett & NE 17th Ave.), these free activities are kid -friendly and theme-based.
This Friday’s theme, originally planned as the annual “Water Carnival” has morphed into a Mad Science Presentation of “What do You Know about H20?” Krista Bashaw, Special Events Coordinator stated, “The City of Camas has implemented water conservation, which in turn restricts water-related activities we would typically run during the summer at our events.” But, if you know anything about Mad Science, you’ll know that they’re a little goofy, crazy, informative, and fun! So even though the Fire Truck and the Water Slide won’t be part of this Friday’s action, you’ll still get a lot of fun activity out of the water relay, water trivia, game show interaction, water balloon toss, and Mad Science volunteer participation. We’ll even have prizes for the game show and game activities portions of the event. Family Fun Fridays activities take place in Crown Park on Fridays in August from 12:00noon to 1:00pm and include:
- Mad Science: “What Do You Know about H20?” - August 3 (water-related activities, games and mad science!)
- Circus Skills with Shireen - August 10 (learn how to spin plates, juggle balls, walk on stilts, and learn to hula hoop)
- Messy Art Day - August 17 (make cool art with bubbles, shaving cream, chalk, and more. Note: wear clothes that can get messy!)
- Mad Science: “Spin, Pop, Boom!” - August 24(Learn about the science of chemical reactions—both chemical and physical changes.)
- Oregon Reptile Man - August 31 (come see and touch a variety of wonderful critters including a frilled lizard, gila monster, tortoise, rattler, and more!)